Suit: Child Choked on Used Condom


Updated 8:34 PM EST, Sun, Feb 1, 2009

A 22-month-old boy choked on a used condom in the Homewood Suites in Mount Laurel, N.J., accrding to a lawsuit filed by the little boy’s family.


The Wolfe family of Pittsburgh, Mass. was headed home after spending the holidays in Florida and they stayed overnight in the Burlington County hotel. 


The morning of their departure, the toddler apparently found a used condom in the room, left behind by previous travelers, according to the lawsuit.


The child’s mother, Amy, heard  her little boy chewing and choking on the condom and tried to get it out of his mouth, but he had already “ingested the contents ” the lawsuit stated.


The Philadelphia Daily News noted the suit contends a “life threatening” item was left in the room, which put the boy at risk of getting a “sexually transmitted disease, including HIV or AIDS, or some other, potentially life threatening, potentially fatal illness.”


The boy had to undergo tests and faces more testing in the future, Wolfes’ attorney Norm Hobbie told the Philadelphia Daily News.  


The complaint also contends the Wolfe family, both parents and three children, have suffered mental distress.


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *