Granted the dangerous nature of construction sites, construction accidents are sadly not uncommon. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) estimates that there are more than 1000 work-related deaths and 150,000 construction accident injuries nationwide every year.
The most common construction accidents are as follows:
- Falls from heights
- Slip and Fall accidents
- Being struck by a falling object
- Fires and Explosions
Construction accidents are caused by a variety of things, such as collapsed scaffolding and ladders, faulty flooring or ceilings, defective equipment, and the negligence of others, each of which can cause a range of injuries including:
- Head or traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis and other spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones or fractures
- Amputation of limbs or digits
- Shoulder, knee, or ankle injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Eye injuries or loss of vision
- Loss of hearing
Injured In A Construction Accident?
If you have been seriously injured in a construction accident, then you’ve probably already know how devastating they can be. You’ve probably already thought about what a nightmare it would be if are unable to recover enough money to pay for your medical bills and support your family.
And it probably scares you to death.
You are not over-reacting.
This is a very real and very serious concern, especially for those who don’t know who to turn to for help.
Construction accidents frequently result in permanent disability and death and cause financial losses to the victims, their relatives, and their children.
But there is help…
The Hayes Firm: Attorney Finding Service
It is our job to help alleviate your concerns and to find an attorney that can help you get the medical care you need to recover from your injuries and the compensation you need to support your family.
Why Hire a Construction Accident Attorney?
- Construction accidents are often complicated, involving legal statutes and workers’ compensation law that must be understood by the attorney. These types of cases need to be handled by an experienced attorney right from the beginning investigation.
- A good construction accident attorney understands the realities and practicalities of the workplace and knows that workers often work in dangerous conditions over which they have no control. Furthermore, he or she understands that when a worker is injured, every person in his or her family is injured.
- A construction accident attorney not only works for the injured worker, but for every person in that worker’s family as well. And will do everything he or she can to recover the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Third-Party Claims For Construction Injuries
On a construction site, the construction company, manufacturers of equipment, architects, engineers, and subcontractors are all obligated to follow certain safety standards. If anyone gets injured due to the failure of one of these parties to provide a safe work environment, any combination of these parties may be held liable for negligence.
For this reason, construction accident claims are different than most other workers’ compensation claims. Not only may you have a workers’ compensation claim against your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance company, you may also be entitled to file a lawsuit against another liable party. This is referred to as a third-party claim.
Third-party claims are personal injury lawsuits filed against anyone other than your employer (such a subcontractor or the manufacturer of a faulty piece of equipment) that may have contributed to the accident in which you were injured.
A third-party claim will allow you to seek damages above and beyond those recoverable under a workers’ compensation claim.
If you have been injured in a construction accident, it is important that you contact an attorney who can evaluate your case and determine if it is just a workers’ compensation claim or if there is a third-party claim to pursue as well.
An experienced construction accident attorney will guide you through the process, advise you of your rights and remedies under the workers’ compensation and personal injury laws of the state of New Jersey, and help you find remedies for the injuries you have suffered.
CONTACT THE HAYES FIRM TO FIND A CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN NEW JERSEY
Workers’ compensation for construction accidents can be complicated without legal advice. Consulting with an experienced construction accident attorney can help to ensure that you receive the maximum recoverable New Jersey’s workers’ compensation and personal injury laws.
For help with finding an experienced construction injury attorney in your area, contact The Hayes Firm here or give us a call toll-free at 1-800-603-6833 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!